Urban mobility hackathon
Urban mobility hackathon, organized by innovation movement “VEFRESH” in cooperation with the Institute of Electronics and Computer Sciences, Riga City Council, co-working "Teikums", and supported by EIT Urban Mobility. The leading event partner is Embassy of the Netherlands in Latvia together with technology companies “Accenture Latvia” and Latvian Mobile Telephone.
48h hackathon where participants from all Baltic States will be encouraged to address the challenges of cities in ensuring climate-neutral mobility.
Date and format
April 15-17 online.
6000EUR prize fund in total
1st place = 3000EUR
2nd place= 2000EUR
3rd place = 1000EUR
- Improve the ease-of-use of MaaS
- Enable traffic calming measure rollout
- Accelerate transfer to e-mobility
- Envision next gen public transport stops
- Urban data & marketplace
Why green mobility?
- CUT UNNECESSARYCOSTS. It is calculated that 1% of EU GDP, or € 100 billion, are the estimated congestion cost of the EU. These expenditures are comparable to the total GDP of all three Baltic States.
- IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE. It is measured that 5 million years of life are lost in the EU due to air pollution (PM2.5, NO2 and O3).
- CAPITALIZE ON EXPORT POTENTIAL. 55% emission cut must be achieved by 2030 in the EU and climate-neutrality by 2050.
Till April 12 sign up in the project webpage https://www.urbanmobility.io/.
The sign up process will lead you to the platform Eventornado. You have to register there and start to seek for your team!
NB! The event will be held in English and is free of charge
For more information visit the given web-page.