- unique place to choose and get the best children's and youth books, a great opportunity to discover publishing achievements for children and youth literature in Russia
- cultural communication with children and teens through literature among authors, illustrators, publishers, librarians, researchers and critics
- events and ideas for developing the society of young readers of the Leningrad Oblast
PARTICIPANTS: publishers of children's and youth literature of St. Petersburg, Moscow, children's book stores. Publishers and booksellers of the Northwest Russia and Leningrad Oblast. Children's and public libraries of Leningrad Oblast, Northwest Russia and Finland.
Authors and illustrators of children's books, publishers, researchers of children's literature, librarians.
SPECIALISTS AND PARTNERS: a place for a dialog between publishers, librarians, cultural and social partners on cooperation in creating conditions for reading and cultural identification of young people.
GUESTS: Children, teens, students, teachers, parents, residents of neighboring cities and towns, residents of St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast, readers’ community of Leningrad Oblast.
Estimated forum attendance is 800-1000 people per day.
ORGANIZERS AND GENERAL PARTNERS: LODB Regional Children’s Library (Leningradskaya Oblastnaya Detskaya Biblioteka), LOUNB Regional Universal Scientific Library (Leningradskaya Oblastnaya Universalnaya Nauchnaya Biblioteka), A.Aalto Library, The Institute of Russian Literature (the Pushkin House), Russian Academy of Sciences, The Finnish Institute in St. Petersburg, «CHUDETSTVO» Children's Bookstore, Russian Book Union (RKS – Rossijsky Knizhny Soyuz), Russian State Children's Library (RGDB – Rossijskaya Gosudarstvennaya Detskaya Biblioteka), Russian Section of IBBY, Detskoye Vremya Publishing House.
«READING NOWADAYS» PROGRAM
The main events of the Program will be organized and moderated by children 14-18 years old, the young readers’ community of Leningrad Oblast.
1. CHILDREN’S AND YOUTH LITERATURE BOOK FAIR. A perfect bookstore inside the library. Exposition space, creative laboratories in reading, humanitarian studies, literary and artistic creativity for children and teens.
2. WORKSHOPS with authors and illustrators for children, teens and their parents. Discussions and exchange of impressions.
3. RESIDENCE OF LIBRARIES «Ideas of librarians for everyday life».
Opening the modern culture of children's and youthful reading. Public presentation of strategies and practices, discussions of librarians, leading researchers of the Leningrad Oblast, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Northwest Russia and our foreign colleagues.