Enterprise Europe Network (Profile: TRNL20190410002)
Dutch energy company wants to accelerate energy transition by investing in innovations that lower energy prices of off-shore wind or solar farms. Concepts are sought that can lower costs of maintenance, storage of electricity or transport of hydrogen or can increase efficiency. Especially start-ups & SMEs with early stage ideas are invited to join the online platform. R&D investments could be in the frame of a joint venture, a financial, license, research- or technological cooperation agreement.
Dutch based multinational wants to invest in energy transition to low carbon alternatives and sees possibilities in the development of wind and solar farms. To lower the cost price of renewable energy generated, they are looking for solutions for the following challenges:
- Maintenance solutions that reduce the need for human intervention
- Solutions for generating wind energy at very low speeds (<2m/s) or solar energy during low light intensity
- Reliable daily weather forecasting solutions
- Local storage solutions to be able to offer base load power (24/7)
- Specific on electrical energy storage (batteries / hydrogen):
- Solutions to reduce costs associated with the balance of plant (auxiliary components, including inverters, battery management and monitoring system) of batteries.
- New battery design concepts for easy recycling
- Hydrogen supply chain solutions to transport hydrogen safely and efficiently around the world.
- Cheaper green hydrogen production solutions to compete with conventional methods (such as steam methane reforming).
Topics out of scope:
- Concentrating solar power
- Manufacturing solutions for turbines and panels
- Li-ion & lead-acid battery concepts, flywheels
- Concepts integrating hydropower
- Blockchain solutions
- Specific smart apps
The aim of the company is to bring early stage ideas to the next stage by offering their research and development facilities. There are several possibilities for cooperation agreements like a financial or license agreement, a joint venture or a research- or technological cooperation agreement.
IMPORTANT: This technology request refers to an innovation challenge published on an open internet platform. If an organization expresses interest before the closing date, it will be guided towards this open innovation platform. After registration participants can browse free through other submissions and engage in discussions. All submissions will get feedback by the company on this open platform. The challenge closes on May 27th, 2019. Mind that posts on this platform are not confidential.
Beside open discussions on the platform, sharing of confidential information will be made possible on demand. After that, the firm will select the organizations with whom they would like to cooperate in the development of a solution. Once the challenge is closed, expressions of interest for this technology request will be treated in the traditional way.
For more information please contact Enterprise Europe Network Latvia.